Union's Annual Christmas Gift Drive
Union has received Christmas wish lists for women, children, and men living in homelessness at local shelters. We need your help to show Christ’s love by remembering them in the spirit of this season!
(1) Sign-up and get the gift recipient’s information
(a) Go to this Google Sheet and put your name in the “Sign-up” column
(b) Or, contact Erin Holman for assistance: email@example.com or text/call (512) 586-6578
(2) Purchase new clothes according to the recipient’s information on the Google Sheet
(3) Wrap and Label your gifts well for easy delivery. A wrapped box is preferred, but if you must use a gift bag, please staple it closed. Clearly label the gifts with the Recipient Identifier (Column A)
(a) If you would like to donate books or toys, please bring them unwrapped and we will donate them to the shelters. This will help the gifts be as equitable as possible.
(4) Drop-Off the gifts at the church building (485 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02118) at our designated times below. Volunteers will be ready to receive and sort your gifts. Our Drop-Off days are:
(a) Saturday, Dec. 17 between 10am and 1pm
(b) Sunday, Dec. 18 following service until 2:30pm
Especially for those who do not live in Boston, you may participate by making a cash donation here!
We also will need Volunteers:
- Will need a computer/internet; training provided (virtually)
- Order gifts for recipients who were not selected for a gift
- Approximate time commitment: 3-4 hours, can be spread out over multiple days (if you can do more, great!)
2. Collecting, Sorting and Wrapping
- In-Person: 12/17 (10:00 – 1:00) or 12/18 (12:30 – 3:30)
- Receive wrapped gifts at the church on collection day, sort by shelter
- Wrap gifts purchased by Union
- Approximate time commitment: 3-4 hours
- Pick up on 12/18 between 3:30 and 5:00
- Deliver to the shelters 12/19 or 12/20
- Approximate time commitment 3-4 hours
Sign-up to volunteer by emailing Coordinator Erin Holman at firstname.lastname@example.org.