Virtual Choir Instructions
Instructions to join the Virtual Choir
singing “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
Rev. Maria Coleman Memorial Service
Saturday, February 6th at 12 noon
Three Easy Steps:
(1) Listen to the guide track (click here to download)
(2) Record yourself singing to the guide track
(3) Upload your video here (deadline: Friday, January 22 at 5pm)
Please send by Monday, December 14th at 5pm …since we’re going to need some time to edit the final video!
Here’s what you need before you begin is:
1. A smartphone, computer, or a tablet with headphones to play the guide track for you to sing along with.
2. A second device (smartphone, computer, or tablet) without headphones to record yourself singing to the music. You can send audio only (voice note) … but it’s even better if you can record video with sound.
> Important: please do not plug in headphones/microphone in the device that is recording you. only use headphones for the device that is playing the accompaniment/guide track)
3. If you record video (preferable!), please be sure to do the following:
> Lighting – avoid harsh lighting that creates dark shadows that may cross your face or body.
> Clean Camera lens – recording with an iphone or other device is perfectly fine, just make sure your camera lens is clean and the camera is using the highest setting for recording (HD or 4K). If you’re unsure, just reach out and I can probably help you with your settings.
> Position your camera – your camera should be positioned so that you are centered and at eye level.
Like this ????
Not this ????
4. Express when you sing! A good rule of thumb is, whatever emotion you want to communicate in the song, even if you feel like you are being extra …throw a little bit more on for the camera. That’s just how things translate for cameras… LOL. Feel it, emote, be passionate! I listened to your live recording so I’m sure you got this one down.
> Remember: Your video does not have to be “perfect” — please do your best singing well on time and ending each word/syllable along with the recorded voice.
Blest be the tie that binds
Our hearts in Christian love;
The fellowship of kindred minds
Is like to that above.
Before our Father’s throne,
We pour our ardent prayers;
Our fears, our hopes, our aims are one,
Our comforts, and our cares.
We share each other’s woes,
Our mutual burdens bear;
And often for each other flows
The sympathizing tear.
When we asunder part,
It gives us inward pain;
But we shall still be joined in heart,
And hope to meet again.
Please upload your video here:
If you have trouble uploading, please send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or email us with questions!)